Saturday, June 4, 2011
Job Opening @ USTA Arkansas- Executive Director Position
The Executive Director serves as the chief operating officer of the Arkansas Tennis Association (ATA).Overall, the Executive Director is responsible for achieving the overall mission of the ATA: promote and develop the growth of tennis in Arkansas. In order to achieve this mission, the Executive Director works
closely with the ATA President and Executive Board, and directs and supervises the employees of the ATA in order to implement and operate programs designed to increase all aspects of tennis within the State. Within Arkansas, the Executive Director works with outside entities including the Arkansas Tennis Patrons Foundation, community tennis associations and tennis professionals to develop and enhance tennis programs in the State. In addition, in partnership with the City of North Little Rock and through the Facility Manager, the Executive Director oversees the operations of the Burns Park Tennis Facility.
The Arkansas Tennis Association is one of nine state associations within the USTA Southern Section. The ATA Executive Director is expected to develop professional relationships with the Executive Directors of the other USTA Southern districts and to work closely with USTA and USTA Southern staff with the objective of growing the game of tennis in Arkansas.
1. Manage and supervise ATA staff to insure that goals and objectives established by the ATA Executive Committee and Board of Directors are met. Included under this duty are the responsibilities for maintaining ATA employee records (e.g., leave requests, compensation records,etc.), recruiting and training new staff, and annual performance reviews.
2. Conduct the financial management of the ATA in order to assure that the monetary and physical assets of the ATA are safeguarded. Duties include development of the annual budget, recording of PBIF numbers, and oversight of ATA investments.
3. Inform the President and Executive Committee of activities of staff and other components of the ATA. Provide administrative support to the Executive Committee, Board of Directors and other ATA Committees.
4. Act as a liaison between the ATA and our parent organizations, the USTA and USTA Southern, as well as Arkansas Community Tennis Associations (CTA). Duties include attending semi‐annual and annual meetings of both the USTA and USTA Southern, other National and Sectional meetings and workshops that are deemed relevant to ATA operations, and periodic visits to Arkansas CTAs. When appropriate, work with the Arkansas Tennis Patrons Foundation on joint projects.
5. Support and serve as referee for ATA sponsored tournaments. Currently, these tournaments include three Adult League mid‐season tournaments, eight Adult League State Championships, and the Junior Team Tennis State Championship.
6.Oversee the operations of the Burns Park Tennis Facility. Duties include direct supervision of the Facility Manager and Director of Tennis, preparation and regular review of the budget and financial status, and working with the City of North Little Rock to insure that the Burns Park Tennis Facility is meeting its goals and objectives.
Specific Position Requirements
Baccalaureate Degree (e.g., B.A., B.S or equivalent) or higher/or suitable work experience
Experience in business setting ideally at a managerial level
Experience in tennis management (e.g., tennis facility manager, CTA management, tennis professional,staff in an USTA office), USTA Membership
Applications including a resume, a letter of interest, and a list of up to five individuals who can serve as references should be sent to Larry Cornett at firstname.lastname@example.org. Email submission is preferable, however application materials may also be sent to: Arkansas Tennis Association, 2024 Arkansas Valley Drive, #302, Little Rock, AR, 72212. Applications will be reviewed starting July 15, 2011 and will be accepted until the position is filled. For more information about the Arkansas Tennis Association, consult the website, www.arktennis.com.
The ATA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, members of underrepresented groups, and persons with disabilities are encouraged.
Posted by PTA at 2:10 PM